Neutron RAE II
NeutronRAE II is the first personal radiation detector to provide rapid detection of both gamma (γ) ray and neutron sources even in potentially flammable environments. Certified intrinsically safe and water-immersible for chemical decontamination purposes, the NeutronRAE II can be safely used in more environments than any other personal gamma and neutron radiation detector.
The NeutronRAE II is designed for use in rough environments. It is immersible (IP67) in water for easy decontamination, and a concussion-proof case provides shock protection if the detector is dropped. The two-button operation is designed for use even in Level A protection suits with two layers of gloves.
The NeutronRAE II features fast response time for both the neutron and gamma radiation. Alarm modes can be set to operate in "Search Mode" based on local background radiation levels or "Safety Mode" providing high and low alarm levels based on absolute dose rates.
- Detects neutrons from weapons-grade Plutonium (239Pu)
- Sensitive CsI and LiI scintillators for excellent search capability and fast response
- Prominent visible, audible and vibration alarms
- Immersible in water for easy decontamination
- Top-mounted invertable display
- Continuous digital readout in µR/h (µRem/h), µSv/h (µSieverts/h) and cps (counts per second) for gamma; cps (counts per second) for neutron radiation
- Dust and shock resistant
- Alert First Responders to radioactive threats
- Customs & border patrols
- Law enforcement
- Security officers in nuclear power facilities, banks, government laboratories, medical facilities
- Government agencies
- HazMat teams
- Fire Departments